Don’t like the results of your nose job? Can’t breathe as well as you would like after Rhinoplasty surgery? Are you worried about finding a surgeon that can fix your nose because the first cosmetic nasal surgery was not successful? Finding one of the best Revision Rhinoplasty surgeons in US for nasal surgery can be very daunting. Particularly, if you had surgery before and were unhappy with your results. It is only natural to be worried about how to find a second (or in some cases, third or fourth) surgeon that will improve your appearance and not make the situation worse. Fortunately, there are several questions that you can ask when you interview a surgeon that will help you feel more comfortable that you have identified one of the best revision rhinoplasty surgeons in US with the proven skill and experience to truly help you.
12 Questions patient should ask the revision rhinoplasty surgeon at the consultation:
1) Are you a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon? You want to have a surgeon who specializes strictly in the area of the head and neck. In addition to a residency in Head & Neck Surgery, board-certified facial plastic surgeons also have completed another year of specialized fellowship training specifically in facial plastic surgery.
2) Do you have at least 10 years of experience? For Revision Rhinoplasty surgery, you want a surgeon that has significant experience and skill.
3) How many Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty surgeries do you perform per year? (look for at least 50 per year) Dr. Kridel performs approximately 100 Rhinoplasty (including Revision Rhinoplasty) surgeries each year.
4) Have you taught major courses to other surgeons on Rhinoplasty in the past two years? Surgeons, like Dr. Kridel, who teach other surgeons have the depth of experience you need.
5) Have you written scientific papers on Revision Rhinoplasty in the last five years? Dr. Kridel has written numerous scientific journal papers recently and has published over 60 just on the subject of Rhinoplasty.
6) Have you lectured at a major medical institution in the last two years specifically on Revision Rhinoplasty? Other surgeons only want the best and the brightest surgeons to lecture at their institutions.
7) Do you have an appointment to a medical school? Medical schools want surgeons with the highest level of skill to lecture and teach their future surgeons.
8) Have you done Revision Rhinoplasty surgery on other doctors and their family members? Like you, physicians want the best care for their families. Fortunately, physicians trust Dr. Kridel for their care as well as their family’s care.
9) Are there before and after patient photos of a similar procedure that I can view? Make sure the before and after photos you look at during your consultation are specific to the surgeon you are speaking to. Also, it is better if the photos are taken without makeup.
10) Are there patients that I could speak with about their experience with this procedure? It can help put your mind at ease to speak with at least one patient of the surgeon’s that has gone through the entire process from pre-op through post-operative care.
11) How often do you have to redo the work you have done on your own patients? No one is perfect, however, the percentage should be less than 5%. At FPSA our rate is less than 5%.
12) Do you use computer imaging so that I can know what to expect post-operatively? The surgeon should take photos at multiple angle photos of your nose and then review the computer-imaged versions with you so that you can discuss and visualize the results you can expect post-operatively.
There should be 100% positive and thorough answers to all of these questions before considering a surgeon for Revision Rhinoplasty surgery.
Why Dr. Russell Kridel is one of the best revision rhinoplasty surgeons in US:
The answers to these questions are precisely why Dr. Kridel is considered by his peers and patients to be one of the best revision rhinoplasty surgeons in US. Surgeons, including other plastic surgeons, often send him complicated Revision Rhinoplasty patients because they want the patient to have the greatest opportunity for success. Thus, it is no surprise that Dr. Kridel is often referred to as “The Doctor’s Doctor” and “THE Nose Doc.”
---- Kirin, Facial Plastic Surgery Associates, Houston TX